Transfering address book from Outlook to OE

Wanderfly 17:50 01 Sep 2006

Hi all, Have just upgraded my MS Outlook to the 2003 version. Used to only really use Outlook Express for e-mails. Now that the upgrade is complete my address book in Outlook Express is empty. It's fine in Outlook but I can't see an easy way to import them into OE. The address books seem to be different formats. Any top tips most welcome! Thanks.

cycoze 18:05 01 Sep 2006

in Outlook click on file>import export> in the new window select `import internet mail and addresses` click on `next` , in the next screen click/select `outlook express` then pop a tick into the boxes below for what you want to import, click on the `next` button, in the next screen select where you want them to be saved then click on `finish`.

Wanderfly 18:14 01 Sep 2006

It's actually from Outlook to Outlook Express I need, think I've just done it, bit messy though!
Cheers.

cycoze 18:24 01 Sep 2006

sorry Flybus, in that case click on file>import export> in the new window select `export to a file` click on `next`, select `comma seperated values (windows)` click on `next`, click/highlight `contacts` click on `next`, browse to where you want to save the file then give it a name and click on `ok`, now click on `next` and `finish`.

Open Outlook Express then click on case click on file>import export>other address book, in the new window highlight `Text File (comma seperated values), then click on the Import button, done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?