transfering.

tarz74 17:22 02 Dec 2006

i need to transfer my internet isp, settings etc to my laptop.ive been told to do it by a double 9 pin cable,my desktop has a port for it but not my laptop.??????
how do i go about doing it now?

Taff™ 19:10 02 Dec 2006

Try posting your ISP name (not your personal details) and we`ll tell you how to set it up manually. It should only take 5 minutes - can`t understand how anyone would recommend a 9 pin serial cable for a simple job like this!!

tarz74 20:10 02 Dec 2006

im with tesco

Taff™ 09:53 03 Dec 2006

click here

This section will show you how to setup your Tesco internet access email account in Outlook Express 6. Open Outlook Express as you normally would. Now click 'Tools' at the top and select 'Accounts' from the drop down menu:
Select the 'Mail' tab.

Click 'Add' and then select 'Mail' from the drop down list: For the 'Display Name' type your name and then click on the 'Next' button: Type your email address and then click on the 'Next' button.

You will need to enter the following settings:
My incoming mail server is a 'POP3' server.
Click into the white box below 'Incoming mail' and type mail.tesco.net in lower case. Click into the white box below 'Outgoing mail' and type mail.tesco.net in lower case. Then click on the 'Next' button:
Click into the white box to the right of 'Account Name' and type your username in lower case.
Click into the white box to the right of 'Password' and type your password.
You may also wish to tick 'Remember Password'.
There is no need to tick 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)'.

Now click on the 'Next' button: Now click on the 'Finish' button. And finally click on the 'Close' button.

That will set up your e-mail account. On your old computer you may want to import your old messages which are stored in .dbx files. Post back if you need instructions on how to do this via the "import" function in OE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?