Transfer of VHS Video to DVD

amyjen7 12:17 12 Jan 2010

Hi like many others I have a number of of VHS tapes which I would like to copy on to a DVD. Can anyone please share their experience with me & perhaps advise as to the simplest way of doing this. My first thought was perhaps a VHS & DVD Com bi recorder but would welcome your comments? I run Windows Vista Home Premium. Thank you Kind regards

Woolwell 12:36 12 Jan 2010

Sometimes a computer is not the best route. A little while ago I bought a Pinnacle Dazzle capture device and with it Pinnacle Instant DVD Recorder for the purpose of capturing VHS on the PC and then burning a DVD. I was distinctly unimpressed with the results.
However I know someone who has linked a VHS Player to a standalone DVD recorder and gets good results.

eedcam 18:12 12 Jan 2010

DVD recorder is the best way to go and should you wish to edit them later simple and quick to get them on the pc and do basic cutting joining with free software. Either way you will be recording in realtime but using the recorder way once on the dvd only minutes to get it on the PC.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 12 Jan 2010

I have an old Alba analogue DVD recorder that will record from the scart socket, this allows me to put Video a tapes from the VCR and programs from the HDD recorder onto DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017