Transfer Recordings To Laptop

Sibbo 10:05 04 Feb 2010

Is it possible to transfer recorded TV programmes from a DVD Recorder to a Laptop via a HDMI cable. I was just wondering as my set top DVD Recorder has decided to no longer pick up any digital stations (a common fault apparently), and I was going to try and fix it myself using a guide from another forum. Thanks

john bunyan 10:12 04 Feb 2010

I think I have read somewhere that if your DVD recorder and PC have DVD RAM facility, this is easier.

john bunyan 10:17 04 Feb 2010

Sorry - just re - read your thread. Do you mean the set top Digibox is not working, or do you use a DVD recorder as a digital tuner?

Sibbo 10:29 04 Feb 2010

I want to take the content off of the Panasonic DMR EX75 DVD Recorder, and store it on my laptop while I fiddle about inside the recorder (e.g. soldering), just in case it goes wrong and the recorder ends up in the bin.

David4637 10:40 04 Feb 2010

You could take the best content and copy it to DVD or VHS tape if you have that option which I have on my Tosh DVD Recorder. A much better option than filling up your PC. David

john bunyan 16:40 04 Feb 2010

I have one of these DVD recorders and agree with
David4637's suggestion.It has DVD burning facility. Have you checked with Panasonic Tech advice or tried it at another location with a different aerial connection? In view of your courage in taking a soldering iron to it I guess you are an expert so probably have done all such tests.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:36 04 Feb 2010

Remove the HDD connect into a caddy or direct to your PC, depending on the file format which converter or player you will need.

Something like VLC player click here will play most things.

I did this with a failed TEvion HDD recorder and saved all the files(TV recordings) from the drive to my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017