Transfer PC Advisor onto another P.C.-How?

Kooji 12:40 07 Apr 2008

Hi All you good and knowledgeable people. I have a question, as follows- I have this current log in profile i.e. Log in name: Kooji. password***** etc. Which I use with this laptop. However I also have another machine (tower)sharing the same wifi modem and I would like simply to log on to this site from that machine. Is it possibe to have the same log in name and password on 2 separate machines. If so, how do I go about setting up the other machine? I've tried logging on from there and it just says this email address is already in use, I must add that the other machine is not set up for emails.
Idiot proof answers, much appreciated folks..

wee eddie 12:49 07 Apr 2008

but I don't think that you can be logged in on 2 PCs at the same time, using the same name.

Just I use my PC and Laptop here with the same log-in, but not at the same time.

birdface 12:58 07 Apr 2008

Try getting a different username and password for your other machine,

recap 13:34 07 Apr 2008

I have just logged on to another PC (running W2k Pro) and was able to log in to PCA.

On this machine (XP Pro) I am using now I have the 'Keep me logged in on this computer (unless I log out)' option ticked from my 'Profile' settings for PCA.

Kooji 14:19 07 Apr 2008

Many Thanks to, wee eddie, buteman and recap. It was my fault. I realised as soon as I read wee eddis's thread. I'd inadvertantly been trying to log on to the PC whilst the laptop was still logged on to PC advisor.... What a great forum this is!!! It really is a fantastic aid to all of us 'newbies'

Regards all

Kooji

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone