Transfer from MS Publisher to other program

hargranules 21:35 04 Jul 2006

I have built about 70% of website on MS publisher and from an earlier thread have been advised to use a web design program. If I use frontpage or webserif can i transfer the work i have already done in publisher. If so How????

ade.h 21:36 04 Jul 2006

Bad idea. You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear and that's exactly what you would be trying to do. You'd be tweaking your layout and validating your code well into next month. Bite the bullet; start afresh.

PurplePenny 21:46 04 Jul 2006

ade.h is right. Better to cut your losses now than to carry on with Publisher or try to transfer the work already done.

Treat it as part of the design process - you've used Publisher to come up with a design; just as some designers lay the site out in Word first to give clients an idea of the finished site. You now have a better idea of how the site will work, how pages will link, and what it will look like, before you start on it for real.

Forum Editor 23:16 04 Jul 2006

from both ade.h and PurplePenny.

My advice is to do exactly as they suggest.

hargranules 10:55 05 Jul 2006

Ok thanks. I have started on frontpage.it seems quite logical to me, better than webserif so far.

Think I will be a regular visitor to this forum.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?