Transfer Of Movie Files To Wndows Media Player

mikeyp58 16:20 29 Aug 2010

Hi, I hope this is the right area to ask this question:

I have recently been lent a Freecom Mobile HDD (160GB) from a friend who has many movies in AVI on it.

I am having trouble understanding how to transfer the movie files from the HDD to Windows Media Player on my laptop.

I can get the movie running on the player but don't know how to download it into the Library to keep.

I don't want to watch the movies straight away - just want to download them and save them for future viewing.

I have Vista Home Premium (32bit).

Can anybody give me some advice? I know this is probably all pretty basic but I have never done it before.

Many thanks

Graphicool1 17:43 29 Aug 2010

Navigate to the movie files - you want to transfer - that are on the external HDD. Highlight them, either in total or individually, right click them and in the pop-up menu choose copy. Open the file on the internal HDD where you want to keep the movies, right click the background and in the pop-up menu select paste.

Depending on how many you transfer at a time it may take a little while before they have all been installed.

mikeyp58 18:13 29 Aug 2010

I just tried that and it worked. I came on here to say I had solved it and found your response Graphicool1.
Didn't realise they would transfer so quickly which is why I didn't think I was doing it right initially.
I pasted them to a Movies folder I created in Documents.

Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?