Transfer Mail Profiles

Wrhector 20:16 31 Dec 2007

I have recently installed Windows XP 64bit on my computer. I had Windows XP 32bit installed before and it is still on the computer on a different HDD. I plan to copy over settings then remove the old one.
However, as with every time I install a new OS; I cannot fully transfer my mail settings. I can get the mails and the rules but have to make the accounts but then: because I leave my messages on the server it downloads them all again.
Before I just had to resort to doing it again but this time it has been on the same install for over a year and I over 20 Email accounts, 30 rules, many folders and around 30,000 emails. Setting it up again would be a long and tedious job and would, at the speed of outlook, take nearly a day to download all the emails.
Surely there must be a way to transfer everything about my mail profile to my new OS?
I can access everything from the old OS from this one but I can’t think of how to do it. I might try copying everything from my settings folder over but that seems a bit messy and I don’t know whether it will work.
I have tried the files and settings transfer wizard but that doesn’t do it and I have seen a program which seems promising but doesn’t work on 64bit.
Any ideas of how to transfer the entire mail profile over?

Thanks in advance

Side Note: Sorry for the long explanation, I tried to include everything.

MAJ 21:40 31 Dec 2007

This might help, Wrhector, although I must admit to never having tried it. Don't let the title put you off, it explains how to transfer the profile further down the article. click here

MAJ 22:37 31 Dec 2007

When you install ORK.exe, try using the Profile Wizard at Start > Programs > MS Office > MS Office Tools > MS Office Resource Kit > Profile Wizard, to create the .OPS file that should enable you to transfer the settings (hopefully).

Wrhector 13:33 01 Jan 2008

I have transferred the settings and the emails but no accounts or rules where transferred.

Wrhector 15:23 02 Jan 2008

I have done it. I copied over and imported the PST, then used the Microsoft Office Save Settings Wizard (Not the ORK one) which transferred the accounts and rules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017