transfer files from old to new computer

bendigo 15:13 22 Oct 2006

My old computer failed and I had to use my 4yr old rescue disc to try to repair it, this failed so I had to re-install xp. I chose the option to install alongside the failed version. I now boot into a 4yr old version of xp. However by selecting 'my computer' I can access the other.
When I still had the old pc connected to the internet, If I opened 'outlook express' it was a new empty version. This machine is no longer connected as I use the new pc. Is there any way I can get my favourites file and also my old e-mails which I had sorted into various folder within oe. I realise now that I should have saved these elsewhere. Hope there is a solution.

anskyber 15:21 22 Oct 2006

This may work click here

bendigo 16:08 23 Oct 2006

followed your link which led me to others. meanwhile I had noticed a file--(0estore) in my doc folder and realised what I was looking at. eventually it was just a matter of using the 'import' feature in oe. got 'em. Tried the same with 'e-mail addresses without success so I tried drag and drop--got these as well. your link made me look further and note hints on the way, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?