Transfer files to CD

curly 13:18 09 Sep 2004

I have two computers. On one I may drag and drop files onto a CD.

On the other I have a problem. Whenever I try to drag and drop it refuses to do this. When I look at the CD properties, it shows the disc full, when it is empty!

I should be grateful for suggestions. The programme on the computer is 'Easy CD Creator'.

rawprawn 16:32 09 Sep 2004

format the CD using the facility in Easy CD Creator. That has worked for me in the past

Stuartli 17:22 09 Sep 2004

Nero is probably a better bet - I much prefer it to Easy CDCreater.

If you use Nero in multisession form with CD-Rs you can create a folder and drag and drop items to it as required until the disk is full. Then finalise the disk prior to the last burning session. No formatting is necessary.

CD-Rs are superior to CD-RW disks as they have far superior reflectivity and dramatically reduce any likelihood of problems reading them on your drive - or any other drive - in the future.

If you intend to create backups, use two disks to ensure a backup for a backup. One may be accidentally damaged or some other mishap occur.

rawprawn 17:28 09 Sep 2004

I guess somebody solved his problem.

rawprawn 17:35 09 Sep 2004

If you are still out there, I went and looked at Nero, and it said there was new one out soon, how much is Nero, I have Pinnacle which is not very good but I am lothe to spend yet more money on another program that "Does the same job" what is your opinion on what I should do ?.

curly 20:02 09 Sep 2004

You can buy an edition on Ebay from £3+

terminus 01:22 10 Sep 2004

from the Nero Ahead site anyone can download a months free trial of the latest Nero6 ... and after the months trial is up; do the same again.
And again.
I think it's a reverse way of selling a product.

Daibus 09:19 10 Sep 2004

terminus

I also looked on the Nero site and was unsure where to download the months trial of Version 6 as it says "A demo version will shortly become available."

Cheers.

rawprawn 10:49 10 Sep 2004

Thanks downloading, I will give it a try. Daibus you can download the last version, it's just that they are bringing out a new one soon.

Daibus 18:58 10 Sep 2004

Thank you for the info.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)