Transfer Files

  Luca M 11:58 19 Feb 2004

I have a new PC and want to transfer files onto one of my older ones. The old PC dosent have a CD drive so I cant burn the information onto a CD and put it onto the other one. How can I transfer the information and documents to the older one without taking the HD out?

  Matt45 12:40 19 Feb 2004

If both PC's have network cards you could use a cross-over cable. They are availible for roughly £5

  anchor 12:46 19 Feb 2004

USB-USB link cable:

Have a look at this thread:

click here

  JerryJay 12:47 19 Feb 2004
  Luca M 12:49 19 Feb 2004

the old PC is running 95 and the new XP. The new one has a network card the other a UTP. Are these the same and will it work?

  Luca M 13:39 19 Feb 2004

i need to do it the network way as the old computer has only a network port and no USB's. Shall I use a normal network cable

  JerryJay 15:13 19 Feb 2004


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?