Transfer e-mails - Help wanted

Jean-196853 16:03 12 Feb 2006

I used Transfer My PC to transfer settings from my old PC (Windows98SE)to my new one. Everything is fine except only a quarter of my emails and addresses transferred (MS Outlook NOT Express), and none of my reminders, notes etc.

I have important emails I do not wish to lose and despite copying my .pst file from one pc to the other using the usb cable I still cannot see my old e-mails (have checked Express but not there either). Tried disabling McAfee spamkiller and transferred again but still nowt.

Can I save these to disc? Cannot see any other way of importing them as pcs not networked.

Please does anyone have any ideas? At the end of the day my only option will be to resend every saved e-mail which will take me weeks

bazb 17:25 12 Feb 2006

Have a look and see if this will help click here;EN-US;Q196492

VoG II 17:32 12 Feb 2006
  bazb 17:35 12 Feb 2006

I'm sorry the above link does not go to the proper page for some reason. If you click the link, then in the search box, type, How to manage personal folders files in Outlook (IMO). This will take you to the link for the correct page.

Jean-196853 07:27 16 Feb 2006

I knew the info was all there on my PC but did not know why they did not all transfer into MS Outlook.

I was going to sit there this weekend and re-send every important e-mail and contact to my Yahoo address and then re-send to my Outlook e-mail address.

You have saved me hours of wasted time. Thank you so much. The import instructions worked in seconds!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jean

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?