Transfer Acronis to different computer?

March Hare 13:07 25 Apr 2010

I need some advice please.

I have a seven year old desktop, running XP Home SP3, which I want to scrap. There is a copy of Acronis 8 on it which has saved my bacon several times and I don’t want to lose it. I have several full backups on an external HD. I intend to replace the old desktop with a laptop running Vista.

My question is this: I still have the original Acronis installation disc and user’s manual, which clearly states that it is only licensed for one computer, so how do I transfer Acronis from the old desktop to the laptop without running into registration problems? Being a belt-and-braces guy I would like to have Acronis installed on the laptop before deleting it from the desktop, but can I do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 25 Apr 2010

As long as the overlap time is just a day or so I wouldn't think its a problem.

gengiscant 13:34 25 Apr 2010

I've moved my copy of Acronis to my new PC when I have built a replacement without any problems, I have also had it running on two PC's without bother.
So go ahead transfer it to your laptop.

woodchip 13:42 25 Apr 2010

Just load it, cannot see Acronis checking you out, I use version 9 0n Several home computers. They are all mine so cannot see why it should not be used on them. After all it is a rescue program

March Hare 20:01 25 Apr 2010

Thanks for the replies. Will go ahead and install and tick the "resolved" box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?