transfer 8mm Video to DVD using PC

BBB 13:06 11 Jan 2006

I would like to copy a number of 8mm videos using a camcorder and my PC which has a DVD rewriter.
The cancorder has 3 DIN outputs for L&R sound & Video.
I have windows XP and NeroVision software. Can anyone help with;
1. What connectors will I require( is there a USB solution)and
2. Briefly whats the software method?

I have studied earlier threads but they all seem to begin assuming more technical knowledge than I have.
Thanks in anticipation.

BBB

stlucia 14:05 11 Jan 2006

click here looks like the kind of thing that will do the job. You will need to check that it actually takes the output cables from your camera, and that it works okay with standard USB if you don't have USB2 sockets.

It says it comes with Pinnacle Studio Quickstart, which is probably the only software you need to get started. That will control the downloading of video from the camera, and will probably allow you to edit it and then convert it into a suitable format (MPEG or MPEG2) for burning onto DVD.

Once you've got the video into MPEG format, you burn it onto CD or DVD using standard burning software (usually Nero or Roxio) or whatever came with your DVD burner. There'll probably be a button for "Create a video CD" or "Create a DVD", and you'll just drag and drop whichever MPEG files you want to include.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?