Tracking Emails

podlod 13:03 14 Dec 2006

Hi there, Could someone tell me if there is a website where I will be able to download for free, a way of knowing if my Email has been read the other end to where I send it. Thanks for any help.

baldtaco 13:21 14 Dec 2006
  podlod 10:19 16 Dec 2006

Thanks Baldtaco, I shall give it a try, get back to you.

Jackcoms 10:53 16 Dec 2006

Note that the free version of MSGTAG will only send you a read receipt if the original e-mail is to a single addressee.

If you send an e-mail to multiple recipients and want a read receipt from all recipients, you'll have to use the paid for version.

podlod 13:28 23 Dec 2006

Thanks for the help to you both, see how I get on.

jack 15:04 23 Dec 2006

Look in tool for your E-mail client or look in Help for receipt.
Most programs allow you to tag an e mail so that the recipient has to kick a box a mail has been received and read.

colberly 15:17 23 Dec 2006

I use Outlook Express and always get a receipt when e mails have been read. You only have to go into tools, options and click on receipts.
Beware of MSGTAG some people cannot open sent e mails which I found out, once you have it on your PC if for some reason you wish to delete it then you have to reset your e mail to the original settings or you can't send.

Jackcoms 15:24 23 Dec 2006

"I use Outlook Express and always get a receipt when e mails have been read. You only have to go into tools, options and click on receipts."

But that relies upon the recipient of the e-mail actually choosing to respond with 'yes' to your read receipt request. If the recipient clicks 'no' when asked, you'll receive nothing.

The whole point of MSGTAG (and, I suspect, of polod's question) is to receive a read receipt without any action from the recipient.

colberly 15:48 23 Dec 2006

What you say is true, but with MSGTAG too many just coudn't read my e mails especially with an attachment.

podlod 11:08 24 Dec 2006

Hi Jackoms, you got it in one! Thanks but I dont use Outlook express ?

megat193 19:25 25 Dec 2006

Outlook has an option in Tracking Options which allows delivery receipt. This only tells you that your email has been displayed on the recipient's computer and does not require a receipt request to be acknowldged by them. If you don't use Outlook either, then I am sorry to say that I don't know any other solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?