tp-link wireless card to linksys router problem

JAK68 21:56 16 Dec 2006

I recently fitted a tp-link wireless network card (model numbertl-wn650g) and also bought a linksys wireless router (model number wrt-54gs-uk), for some reaon I cannot get any connection between the 2, I think I have all the settings right although I am not sure), and i am using NTL.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ???????

Ashrich 22:44 16 Dec 2006

Can the TP-Link card see the Linksys router at all , have you checked in Device manager the the card is working Ok , no yellow triangles next to the entry , are you using the supplied software for the TP-Link ....?

Ashley

JAK68 09:04 17 Dec 2006

everything is working ok, but they don't read each other ??????????????

Ashrich 15:37 17 Dec 2006

Ok , maybe a silly question but I don't know what level of computer literacy you have , have you checked in the router set up to see if the wireless radio is enabled ? also , do you have the SSID visable , if not you may think it isn't working because you cannot see it . Sorry if you have tried these already , but those are my initial thoughts .

Ashley

rodriguez 16:47 17 Dec 2006

Is there a wireless light lit up on the router? This shows that the wireless is active and being broadcast around the house. Also is the wireless card installed with all the drivers and been detected by Windows properly? If this is all done, then Windows should detect a new wireless network and show a list of networks to connect to (it should only show one, which is yours, but if someone next door is using one it might show that as well). You should then be able to connect to it. If it doesn't find any networks and the above is checked, the signal could be too weak.

JAK68 18:27 17 Dec 2006

My computer literacy is not very good,when I go into network connections it is showing on the screen but it says no connection, also what is the ssid ?

Strawballs 22:42 17 Dec 2006
  Ashrich 19:28 18 Dec 2006

click here to download the user guide , it will tell you how to configure your router , it's no good looking in Network Connections , you need to open your browser and type in the URL ...192.168.1.1 to reach the set up page stored in the router itself . The user guide is in PDF form , it's about a 6 mb download .

Ashley

JAK68 08:06 20 Dec 2006

Does anyone know what or where I can find the NTL Settings should be for my wireless router, I don't want to phone them up (you normally get stuck on the phone for about 1/2 hr)

Ashrich 17:39 20 Dec 2006

Have a look click here hope it helps .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?