tp link router connection

studio1 06:24 09 Oct 2007

Hi I have a problem not sure if its to do with the router or just my connection
ok I have 2 computer connected to the tp link router i work on the main computer ok the problem is when i leave me computer for a while or play a game on my computer and after a while i try to go to a website like ebay etc its tells me im offline and the option to try again or stay offline box comes up and when i push try again button it soemtimes connects me within a minute and other times it take forever as i have to just close and wait and try again and it even does it when i am online for while reading say a forum and try to go to another website its offline then have to try and wait for to connect again please anyone else have this trouble and thanks for your time studio1

Graham. 08:51 09 Oct 2007

Can you narrow the problem down to one computer, the one wired to the router? Is this a new problem, did you have a reliable connection before this router?

Try with another browser, eg. Firefox click here

studio1 08:59 09 Oct 2007

yes its a new problem and yes i had a reliable connection I have a cable (broadband)connection
would it have anything to do with the wires loose etc

Graham. 09:14 09 Oct 2007

Loose wires is one possibility, if nothing else has changed. But have a look for options such as 'disconnect on idle' on the router and browser.

studio1 11:28 10 Oct 2007

ok i check theres no wires or plugs loose

But have a look for options such as 'disconnect on idle' on the router and browser.

for this how do i find it thru startup or properties sorry if thats a dumb question as i am not very computer savey with this kind of problems thanks for your time for helping me

studio1 13:49 31 Oct 2007

thanks it was a faulty ethernet cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?