TP-Link issues

The confused man 19:31 29 Jun 2009

I'm having issues with my wireless network PCI card. It's a TP-Link353GD and my computer runs with windows XP. The system and card is fairly new, but it's been a constant problem. My computer will freeze, drop connection, crash and all sorts. After much back and forth with TP-link they've said it's not fixable.

So my question is, is this just something that will happen with this brand, or will it be all PCI cards and as such, is it best to go with a USB wireless adapter?

Thanks for any help :)

mgmcc 23:07 29 Jun 2009

There certainly isn't a general problem with PCI Wireless Network Adapters, although you could have a compatibility issue with that particular card and other hardware in your PC. It is also possible that a Windows Update has messed things up.

Using a USB adapter is definitely worth a try - is there any way you could borrow one to see if it works reliably before committing to a purchase?

The confused man 00:24 30 Jun 2009

not really, but I think I'll risk it, plus theres the added bonus of being able to use an extension to get better signal. I think it's a compatability issue. Will have to give a USB a go and hope

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?