Touch pad not working

welshpet 10:20 29 Sep 2007

I bought my son an Acer 5003 for christmas last year. He rang me up yesterday to say his touch pad wasn't working. I went to see if I could help sort it out, but no I couldn't delp at all. Can you ar abyone else on the forum give me some advice I can pass on please? Thank you.

Marko797 10:24 29 Sep 2007

Try pluggin in a mouse and checking the settings. They may have been changed/disabled accidentally, as they were for some strange reason on my laptop.

Marko797 12:00 29 Sep 2007

I meant checking the settings for the touchpad by navigating with the mouse, sorry.

Sea Urchin 13:21 29 Sep 2007

Try using the Touchpad Toggle. Key <Fn>+<F7> which should turn it on.

Sea Urchin 17:11 29 Sep 2007

Thank you for sorting that problem out for me, but can I ask you if you have any idea on how he can rectify a problem that keeps occuring after he's been playing a game on the computer with his 4 year old daughter, when he turns everything off and goes to turn it on the following day he has lost his sound. I got it working for him yesterday, but he has told me that it has gone again. This was when I told him to try your suggestion of using the Fn and the F7 keys to get his touchpad working. Hope you can help again?

Suggest that you post this as a new problem.

Becco 13:07 15 Oct 2007

Thanks , Sea Urchin, for the post on the touchpad toggle. I had the same problem & your answer resolved it. But why the devil don't Acer tell you in the manual what the various keys do?

Becco 16:17 15 Oct 2007

Oops, I withdraw my last remark ! It does say quite clearly in the manual what each key does, somehow I overlooked it.

Sea Urchin 00:27 18 Oct 2007

Thanks Becco - glad I could help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?