total security virus

aries123 12:58 15 Sep 2009

Help!!!! Ive got this total security virus on my laptop. Ive been trying to get rid of it for 3 days now and it is absolutely driving me mad, it keeps blocking me on the internet and freezing me out, shutting down, allsorts of things happening. I just want rid. Is anyone else having same problem did u get rid of it successfully freely and easily?? Can anyone pleeease help me!!
thanks

PO79 13:04 15 Sep 2009
  mfletch 13:07 15 Sep 2009

This should get rid of it for you.

Download the free version

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

birdface 16:25 15 Sep 2009

Bad site from PO79 so not advisable to download anything from it until you scan it first.

aries123 19:03 15 Sep 2009

thanks but it wont let me down load it, keeps blocking me. Im at my wits end now coz it's blocking everything, it's took me nearly half an hour to get back on here. Is there nothing I can do? Please someone

mfletch 19:13 15 Sep 2009

Don't worry

Rename MBAM download rabbits foot.exe before you download it then run it {install}

If it will not run after the install then do this,

Go to the MBAM program folder here
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware {double click the folder}

rename mbam.exe to rabbits foot.exe
double click on rabbits foot.exe to start MBAM.
scan.. remove detected items...once clear you can rename the executable file back to mbam.exe

If you still cannot download it Ive already renamed it and put it on my download site for you.

click here

mfletch 19:14 15 Sep 2009

You will have to unzip the download first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?