Toshiba Satellite Screen Pro - screen issue

Samsinger 21:31 05 Jan 2015

Hasn't been dropped. Screen is not cracked or damaged. latop was turned off. Turned it back on and saw this. Just vertical coloured bars.

click here link description here]1

[enter

SonOfOdin 13:13 06 Jan 2015

Try it with an external monitor. If it is working than your screen is faulty. If not than probably it is a graphics card issue.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:43 06 Jan 2015

as above

possibly a loose / damaged ribbon cable connection between motherboard and screen

lots of videos on Youtube showing ow to replace screen which also therfore show how to get at the cable connections.

Samsinger 17:54 06 Jan 2015

Hi

I've replaced a laptop screen before, not particularly difficult.

I think this is a more serious issue than i first thought. I connected a HDMI cable but couldn't get the laptop screen to extend to the tv / external monitor.

It's a relatives laptop ( Toshiba Satellite Pro L450 ) and i think it's time to remove the HDD and buy a new one ! I presume the HDD from this laptop will fit in a standard 2.5" external caddy ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 06 Jan 2015

I connected a HDMI cable but couldn't get the laptop screen to extend to the tv / external monitor.

probably teaching you to "suck eggs" but Did you use the correct key combination to switch to the external screen (Fn+F5 on my Tosh) and have TV set to correct HDMI input (SomeTV have a HDMI that is output only)

Samsinger 21:48 08 Jan 2015

Yeah, did everything right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?