Toshiba Satellite Pro + BT Voyager 2100 router

notechie 22:48 03 Feb 2006

Hi

New to this and need some help please?

Jow can I connect my Toshiba Satellite Pro with an internal wireless card athero to my BT Voyager Router, I have connected a PC with a BT card and a laptop with a BT card but cant get the toshiba to even see the network, I can connect to my next door neighbours though????

Thanks in advance for any help.

mco 22:56 03 Feb 2006

..even if your laptop is right next to the router it won't get a signal? Yet it will get a signal and connect to the neighbour's?

notechie 22:59 03 Feb 2006

Yes the laptop doensy even see the router for my connection, i am quite new to this thanks for the reply

notechie 23:02 03 Feb 2006

on this laptop and tried to get them to match, I havent got a CD to use to load the software, so i am not sure what else to try, the laptop is new today and had windows XP

Minkey1 23:44 03 Feb 2006

Hi notechie

But look on the bright side - you've done enough right to wirelessly connect a desktop and another laptop !

You say you haven't got a CD for the software? What software ? The 2100 router doesn't have any (I've got one) and the Tosh will have a wireless application already installed.

What settings do you have on the 2100 ? Encryption ? Specified MAC addresses only ? Disable broadcast SSID ?

The router must be working or else the others wouldn't connect, and the Tosh built in card must be OK as it "sees" your neighbours network.

The issue must be between the Toshiba and the 2100.

If you key 192.168.1.1 into your browser you will get the 2100 Configuration Manager up. Double check any security settings there and post back.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone