Toshiba Satellite L50A BSOD and Driver Problems

Scifax6288 01:20 26 Mar 2014

Hi,

I own a Toshiba Satellite L50A Laptop, and have had it for around 9 months. (Specs: click here the first 6 months the laptop ran almost perfectly. Around Febuary though I started getting problems such as BSODs and the message "Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered, usually when playing games. I tried updating the display drivers and even restoring the system back using the Windows System Restore feature, and this worked for periods, however these problems kept coming back.

Finally last Friday I had 6 BSODs, all with different problems, and the Display Driver message now appears even just when I login to the Laptop. Also, sometimes when programs are running or even the screensaver, coloured pixels will appear on the screen and freeze up the program as seen in the first screenshot: click here

I've attached the minidump files for the Friday here: click here

I really don't know what to do anymore, and any help would me very much appreciated.

For

onthelimit1 08:45 26 Mar 2014

If it 9mths since purchase and was new then, I'd take it back as unfit for purpose.

BRYNIT 10:10 26 Mar 2014

Could be a corrupt video driver, did you uninstall old driver before installing new?

Could be a problem with new drivers. Uninstall and install older drivers.

Could be overheating or even the video chip failing?

Before taking it in for repair I would try restoring it to a date before the problems started if this does not work do a factory reset as this will eliminate any programs/drivers you have installed being the problem. Remember to backup all pictures, documents etc.

Jollyjohn 12:32 26 Mar 2014

Do a backup / copy all your data onto an external drive.

Do Factory restore, and allow Windows to apply all updates, will take a couple of days to fully update.

Put only minimal data back on laptop at this point. If problems re occur then return to point of purchase.

Make notes of issues so far and the steps taken to resolve and take with you.

It may be as simple as a loose stick of RAM but do not be tempted to open up laptop as it is still under warranty.

Give retailer a chance to repair, once, then if problems persist go for a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017