Toshiba Satelitte Pro Power Problem

Wirral Bagpuss 23:20 24 Mar 2010

My laptop has busted. I think it is the ac jack for the power adapter has gone. I have ordered a new charger but i think it is the actual jack on the laptop that has gone. I know you can get it repaired, but how much is that likely to cost? I dont want to be ripped off !!

MAJ 07:16 25 Mar 2010

Around about £60 - £80.

Wirral Bagpuss 07:41 25 Mar 2010

ahhh thanks ! I tried a new charger last night on it and it does charge but only if i fiddle with it, so after a bit of online research i realised it is the ac jack adapter plug itself that has gone. Most annoying as i have stuff on my laptop i urgently need access to. My laptop is two years old and i am hightly tempted to get a new laptop and transfer everything on my current one to my new one, which would have bigger specs etc. Hmmmm will think about that today. Thanks once again :)

MAJ 08:02 25 Mar 2010

My estimate included what I thought a new power socket, removal of old power socket and fitting the new power socket would cost. I did repair one recently were only the plastic locating/retaining slot on the power socket had broken, the socket itself was okay, £20 in that case.

If you want to save your files, it might be worthwhile buying something like this click here you can put your laptop's drive into it and attach it to another computer via USB and drag and drop your important files to back them up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017