Toshiba Qosmio Laptop

brambles 12:30 23 Nov 2005

Picture brightness seems to be fading - nothing I can see that adjusts screen brightness. Anyone any idea how we trace problem & restore screen to its original brightness. Would a system restore be of any benefit?

Brambles

Taff™ 06:42 24 Nov 2005

On most laptops there is a Function Key (Fn) and holding this down with one of the function keys (F7 or F8 on mine) increases or decreases the brightness. The relevant function key will have a circular "light bulb" with a vertical arrow.

Taff™ 06:53 24 Nov 2005

From the Toshiba manual:

LCD Display Brightness: Pressing Fn + F7 increases the display brightness in increments. When you press these hot keys, the current
setting will be displayed for two seconds by a pop-up icon. You can also change this setting through the Screen brightness item of the Basic Setup tab in TOSHIBA Power Saver.

click here

brambles 09:37 24 Nov 2005

Taff - many thanks for going to the trouble to respond I do appreciate it. In fact the problem turned out to be a faulty mains connection & my daughter didn't realise that, as a result, she was working off the battery continually. KIDS!

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?