Toshiba LT Not powering on.

jess9gc 17:41 05 Feb 2011

Old LT 2520CDS sent for repair -Uneconomical, sat in cupboard for 3 yrs. Now out of curiosity and not necessity plus parts are now cheap thought I would have a go.

Plugged adapter in power and battery light came on. left it for 24hrs to charge up, battery seems to hold charge. switched on after finding switch lock, on off light came on, but not a noise, no fan no HDD whir no nothing.

Stripped down, purchased 2nd hand MB in working order ?? without CPU or heat thingy or fan. Removed these from old board, CPU was not locked in and fell on floor. Undaunted proceeded with rebuild to bare bones, connected up and got nothing except power lights. Had power adapter checked found ok, battery appears ok,on off switch works, so what else interrupts the power supply to the components and fan. obviously a faulty second mother board crosses my mind, could it be the dropped CPU? I hope someone can help a Meccano amateur.

woodchip 17:44 05 Feb 2011

If the Laptop worked before put away, why do you think the Motherboard had gone???? just a guess

woodchip 17:45 05 Feb 2011

Have you tried without Battery in, just on mains

jess9gc 21:00 05 Feb 2011

yes have tried without battery but makes no difference, It was a pure guess that MB was not working as it was said to be uneconomical to repair at the time it broke down and parts were expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?