Toshiba Laptop Screen Problem

Abel 16:54 11 Jul 2013
Answered

When my neighbour switches his laptop on the screen shows a sort of black and white weave pattern which gradually descends down the screen until it's completely black. I have no experience of the innards of a laptop but if a similar thing happened on a desktop machine my first suspicion would be the video card. Does a laptop have anything that resembles this and is capable of being replaced?

Abel

john bunyan 16:57 11 Jul 2013

My grand daughter found a similar problem was a broken screen, but others may suggest diagnostics . If it is a screen it can be replaced, but do double check the specification before ordering one from Toshiba or on e Bay.

onthelimit1 18:27 11 Jul 2013

Try plugging in an ordinary monitor to the VGA port (you will probably need to cycle to the external monitor using Fn and one of the function keys). If the problem still exists, then the graphics chip (not replaceable) is probably dead. If OK on external, then a new screen should fix it.

Abel 16:06 22 Jul 2013
Answer

Sorry for not responding chaps but as I've mentioned several times on this forum I'm not receiving an e-mail when a member responds. I've mentioned this at least twice to the FE but still nothing has been done. Just connected the laptop up to a desktop screen and low and behold it boots-up and is searchable. Clearly, as suggested this is confirmation that the screen has had it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?