Toshiba Laptop Memory Location Under Keyboard?

dsritchie 15:14 18 Jul 2007

Recently bought new memory for my Toshiba Equium M40X laptop and im having trouble location the memory slot under the keyboard, does anyone know where exactly under the keyboard it is as i have hunted about and cannot find it! Thanks

brundle 15:33 18 Jul 2007

last post here may help; click here

dsritchie 15:40 18 Jul 2007

Thanks for that, still cant locate it at all. The guy on the Toshiba forum said he could see it just under the casing but i still cant see anything at all!!! Either that or im missing it!

brundle 19:44 18 Jul 2007

Are you sure you're not referring to the slot(s) on the underside of the machine? Usually covered with a small plate secured by one or two screws. Or is this a slot in addition to that one? The manual refers to two memory slots under that cover....

brundle 19:45 18 Jul 2007

Manual, in case you don't have it (and to make sure we are discussing the same model) click here

brundle 19:48 18 Jul 2007

Sorry, M40 in that link...my bad..M40X manual confirms what you say...can't find any other info on it though

brundle 19:52 18 Jul 2007

Not very detailed but worth a look; click here

dsritchie 00:09 19 Jul 2007

Thanks for having a look about. I did come across the crucial guide to but as you said its not really that detailed and would be fine if this laptop was in anyway normal under the keyboard. But of the 2 compartments i have looked under the keyboard non of which house any ram! I think it must be buried deeper into the laptop. i probably end up just using one of the two gig of ram i bought!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?