Toshiba laptop keyboard not working

givern321 17:52 23 Sep 2006

Hello all

The keyboard on my new Toshiba laptop stopped working recently, after just a couple of weeks' use. Just no reacting to anything. I bought it in uk, as no language barrier etc, but it is currently abroad and very difficult to return it to GB where I bought it, though I realise that that might be my only option. Thought I'd ask here first if anyone knows any steps I can take to resolve the keyboard problem. I have been using it with a new wireless keyboard, which is not satisfactory in the long-term, until I can find a permanent solution.

Any replies gratefully received. I'd be very grateful if they could be in simple lay terms please as I know little to nothing of the internal workings of computers, although am quite an experienced user.

Thanks

givern321

STREETWORK 17:55 23 Sep 2006

Can you plug another keyboard in and try it. If it works then the keyboard on the laptop may have a fault or loose connection to the main board...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 23 Sep 2006

As the machine is working from a wireless Kboard ok I suspect a loose connection to the motherboard.

As its only a couple of weeks old the best bet would be to return it, opening the case would probably invalidate any warrenty.

givern321 18:09 23 Sep 2006

Thank you very much streetwork and fruitbat. Much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017