Toshiba Hard disks

Rodman 01:03 24 Oct 2007

Hi all

I am looking to put a new bigger HDD into a Toshiba laptop. Does anyone know of a list on the web, that will tell me what HDDs are compatible with the machine I have?

Regards

Rod

AL47 01:21 24 Oct 2007

when i did my dell xps upgrade i just whacked another one in, just make sure that if the current one is sata, say the replacement is too

i went 80gb 5400rpm to 200gb 7200rpm

Rodman 01:59 24 Oct 2007

Hi AL

I wasn't expecting a response so fast, another night-howler?

I didn't know if I could do that as Toshiba seem to be a bit perticular.

Cheers

Rod

AL47 02:05 24 Oct 2007

yeah, i hate mornings!!

well if you can take it out you will be able to see the interface, drive speed, and capacity,

just keep the interface the same, sata 1, ata, that bit, i think my hard drive was toshiba then i went to hitachi, its one of the bits thats easier to do in a laptop than a desktop!

Rodman 02:17 24 Oct 2007

I'm at work at the moment so don't have a choice, about the morning thing.

I've had the thing out and it's definatly a SATA. I only want to change it cos' I hate Vista, and it won't let me re-format the HDD. So thought I'de get a bigger one while I was at it.

Rod

AL47 02:46 24 Oct 2007

yeah im reconsidering xp again, the colouefulness of vista isnt worth that much power!

everytime i get a bigger hd i refil it!

what laptop spec do you have?

Rodman 02:52 24 Oct 2007

Tosh Satellite, duel core, 1G ram, 80GB HDD, I'll be sorry to loose 80GBs of HDD. I wonder if I could re-format as a slave to somthing else? It may be worth a try!!

AL47 03:02 24 Oct 2007

try this
click here

AL47 03:04 24 Oct 2007

nite rod, im now very tired!

hope i was some help

Rodman 05:42 24 Oct 2007

Thanks AL

I've tried that already. It wouldn't let me select R for the repair. But thanks anyway.

I maybe I'm a bit late for this but, good night. Or maybe, good morning!

Rod

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?