Tosh gets blue screen error after dvd ejects

bmori 20:54 09 Oct 2008

I have a Toshiba satellite pro with XP and SP3. I quite often get a blue screen error and pc shut down when I eject a dvd.

It seems to happen more often if I have recently burned a DVD. I tried turning off the firewall and it doesn't happen as much. I have tried different burning software but it doesn't make any difference.

Anybody had this problem with Toshiba laptops?

cheers
Bill

tullie 21:11 09 Oct 2008

Seems that its not happening when you burn something,just when ejecting?Have you tried a retail DVD?

Eargasm 21:48 09 Oct 2008

Whenever there is a "blue screen" error xp creates a dump file.
Start / Run/ type minidump this will show your dump files.

Download windows debugging tool from here.

click here

Install the program, then File / Open "Bugcheck Analysis" click on Analyze -v post back or google your results to see what is causing the "Blue Screen" error.

bmori 10:22 10 Oct 2008

thanks - guys

tried a bought video dvd seemed to be ok

Installed the debugger but when I do file/open there is no "bugcheck analysis" in the dropdown list?

I looked at the dump file but wasn't able to make too much sense of it.

cheers
Bill

tullie 10:26 10 Oct 2008

When you have ejected DVD,and experienced this problem,what happens when you try to play it again,then eject?

bmori 14:00 10 Oct 2008

once the disc is burned the pc is set to automatically eject. It does this and there is never a blue screen immediately after burning. I can re- insert the disc into the pc and look at all the jpg photos. If I eject without looking at any files it will almost always go to blue screen. If I look at the files and then eject it will go blue screen approximately 50% of the time.

cheers
Bill

Eargasm 15:56 10 Oct 2008

In the debugger program, click file / open crash dump and then navigate to the minidump folder and click on the last dump file, and then click open, the file will then show in the debugger program.
Then you will be able to click on Analyze -v, and this will tell you what is causing the specific "blue screen" error, it's probably a bad driver, the problem is finding out which one it is.

Eargasm 16:20 10 Oct 2008

Here's a bit more info on using the debugging tool, it explains it far better than i ever could.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?