Torjan Zlob. G

marlow77 17:03 07 Dec 2008

Can anyone direct me to a FREE removal tool of this trojan. I used to know a very good forum that provided links to software that could get rid of anything and free of charge too ut I have lost the name of the forum. Can anyone help? Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:05 07 Dec 2008

click here download the free version, run and delete all it finds.

G

marlow77 17:38 07 Dec 2008

Thanks. Have run it and deleted all found. Also adaware found one piece of malware it#s never picked up before which looked like just the thing. also deleted. Rebooted and the pop up came right on back instantly. Soon as I open internet explorer it immediately shuts itself again. If it wasn't for the fact I run Opera browser too well I'd be totally up the creek. Any more ideas?

MAT ALAN 17:44 07 Dec 2008

As with a lot of trojans, they can sit in your "system volume information files" which is where your restore points are kept and HIDDEN from any scan, try turning off system restore rescanning then turn on stystem restore..

click here

good info here...

Rahere 17:47 07 Dec 2008

I recommend you perform all scans in safe mode if possible, it might be quicker, with fewer conflicts with av software etc.

marlow77 17:56 07 Dec 2008

I take it simply restoring do an earlier date wudnt get rid either?

Rahere 18:04 07 Dec 2008

You could but you may not solve the problem. Also if it's in your restore files you'll have to scan again and again so you are back to square one!

Turning off system restore will remove any nasties along with the past restore points. You should turn off restore then scan to clean out your pc if you want to turn it on again once you've finished that's up to you - possibly a good thing if the pc is truly clean.

marlow77 18:40 07 Dec 2008

Ok well I've not treied the restore bit yet but I've rescanned in safe mode and no majors were found at all. Still removed everything found, to no avail upon rebotting again. So if I turn off system restore now and scan again...well the scan is finding nothing anyway... I'll try a restore first then.

marlow77 19:00 07 Dec 2008

Have restored and so far the pop up hasnt occured since. I can also browse IE all except for facebook which comes up with a message with 2 links to choose from. First one says about a virus and to click it to get help, 2nd one says by pass this and carry on browsing. Fearful that clicking the links would spark it off again I closed, wiped cookies n temp files, tried again and hey presto. Hmmm, bizarre. Also I seemed to have downloaded this trojan from what I'd consider a rather trusted site, a forum where links to movies are posted. It's an honest forum and if any links have viruses they would be quickly rectified. Strange

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone