Off topic

joelmb 19:20 05 Apr 2004

Sorry FE but this seemed a good way of getting an urgent response for my brother. I've heard there's some sort of protection insurance if, when you have a car crash, and its the other persons fault but they dont have insurance. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Old Shep 19:24 05 Apr 2004

Are you thinking of if you have fully comp with no claims bonus guarantee protection. I think you are looking at a Civil Claim if this does not protect you.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 19:25 05 Apr 2004

Think you be lucky to get anythin back, but as said you could take them to court for the dosh.

Regards.

Djohn 19:27 05 Apr 2004

click here

Extract from the The MOTOR INSURERS BUREAU

"Many people believe that if a car is uninsured then you have no claim against the driver. Fortunately this is not the case in the UK."

This may be of some help to you. j.

joelmb 19:29 05 Apr 2004

Thank you guys, v. useful.

beeuuem 19:33 05 Apr 2004

Look at click here and click here
You may be better contacting your local Citizens Advice Bureau click here

Every time you pay your insurance premium a percentage of it goes to the Motor Insurers Bureau as Djohn's link suggests.

The sad fact is that with ever increasing premiums more people are driving without insurance and thus more claims to this pool are made resulting in the need to raise premiums which results in......you get the picture.

Although it is not entirely likely that you will get as much back as you would if the other driver were insured it can help a great deal, especially if you are only insured third party yourself.

sattman 20:11 05 Apr 2004

Is this what you are thinking of

ULR stand for Uninsured Loss Recovery. Even with a so called fully comprehensive policy you will suffer financial losses that are not covered by your policy. Here is a list of some of the more common losses you might suffer, but there are plenty more. Any loss you suffer not covered by your policy is called an uninsured loss, such as :

In which you should click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?