Top of Windows cut off (Windows XP)

dewskit 10:38 15 Dec 2007

This may sound stupid, but it is annoying me and I cannot think how it has come about.

When I open a web page, the topmost part is not visible - ie I am unable to see the maximise and close box, and no 'Bookmarks' etc are showing. Line of icons starting with 'Back' is cut off about halfway up. I have to use ALT+F4 to close the page.

Changing screen resolution does not help and using adjustments of height and width or vertical positioning on monitor (Iiyama A902 MT CRT)does not help

Probably something I have done inadvertently, but stumped!

Thanks in advance

Tony

Technotiger 10:42 15 Dec 2007

Try a System Restore!

birdface 10:51 15 Dec 2007

Try click on the I/Explorer icon .Properties.and across from run make sure it is set to normal window.

birdface 10:56 15 Dec 2007

Have you or maybe the kids changed the actual setting on the monitor,I know with mine I can press the buttons on the monitor to change the screen size and width.Just wondering if maybe it had been changed from there by accident.

johnnyrocker 10:59 15 Dec 2007

press F11?

johnny.

dewskit 11:14 15 Dec 2007

Johnny Rocker
Cannot get any further back with system restore than three days, problem already existed then.

Buteman. Using Internet Explorer as suggested all shows correctly. Seems my problem must be with BTYahoo Browser.

Johnnyrocker
F11 just increases the window size so even less is showing!

buteman
I thought of that first of all, but nothing I can do using on screen controls seems to help.

As problem seems to be with BTYahoo software, perhaps I should seek assistance from that source?

Eric10 12:34 15 Dec 2007

You may be able to correct it from the Control Menu. Try pressing Alt+Spacebar to access the menu followed by pressing M for Move. You should then be able to use the Down Arrow key to move the browser down the screen.

dewskit 14:00 15 Dec 2007

Eric10

Cracked it!!

Many thanks, I had already tried re-installing the BTYahoo Software without any improvement, but your simple trick worked like a dream

Thanks again and all best wishes for a Very Happy Christmas!

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017