I'm assuming that you mean the status bar in Internet Ecplorer:
1) With (only one) IE open, click View, select: Status Bar
2) Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbars"
3) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
4) Open WINDOWS Explorer, click View, select: Status Bar
5) Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar"
6) Click Tools | Folder Options | View tab
7) Click the "Apply to all folders" button. (Click OK if this gives you another dialogue question)
8) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right)
9) Reopen IE to any page, right-click on a link and select: "Open in New Window" The Status Bar should remain visible.
To tick a question, scroll down, tick the box and click the resolved button.