ToolBar888 - Is downloadable remove tool ok?

almax 14:28 10 Oct 2006

Hi, I'm a new member of this forum and am fairly inexperienced technically.
Recently had ToolBar888 installed on Internet Explorer/Google start up page and want to remove it. Being nervous of playing around in "safe mode" I wanted to know if the free removal download tool offered on the web is genuine, or is it a way to mess me up further?

Thanks for any help

Amacfal

Technotiger 17:00 10 Oct 2006

Hi, there are loads of removal tools, but you
could try -

click here

Cheers.

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:33 10 Oct 2006

did you get the nasties with the 888toolbar ie trojan horse collected AF and worm VB ACO and trojan horse downlaoder generic2 SPC

almax 12:22 11 Oct 2006

Thanks Technotiger & surfmonkey for responding.

To be honest, I would rather not have to pay for the greatis removal tool, I'd rather find either a trusted free tool or the most simple/safe method of deleting the appropriate registries myself. Under a year ago I had I had my Internet Explorer front page hi-jacked and bought PCdoctor, I also run AVG free, Zone Alarm free and Spybot. None of these prevented the hi-jack or has rid me of it.

surmonkey - As to the other "nasties", I don't know if they escaped my sweeps with the above - Spybot only found "Smitfraud-C" which it cleared.

Any other suggestions kind people?

Cheers

moorie 12:46 11 Oct 2006

try running ewido click here free trial, but after trial you still keep most of its functionality
or a2 squaredclick here

moorie 12:57 11 Oct 2006

you could also try this click here

almax 12:53 12 Oct 2006

Thanks for your help moorie,technotiger and surfmonkey - I have cleared this nasty - to be honest, not quite sure how, through using my "system restore" [which kept telling me it hadn't worked]. But thanks for the links to some useful tools.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?