Toolbar gone

HauxtonPhil 18:05 15 Oct 2009

XP Home with IE8. Google toolbar has been installed but now it is not possible to print from a web page (potential £40 for Ryanair!). Printer works fine from all other applications. Tried to remove Google toolbar using the 'remove' facility on the 'spanner' but got a message that it could not be removed BUT the spanner facility has now disappeared. All IE8 toolbars have disappeared, Google toolbar is not listed in the Add/remove programs in Control Panel. Right clicking on IE8 icon to get at properties to view toolbars does nothing. Attempting to print from a web page locks up.

Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

^wave^ 18:23 15 Oct 2009

ryan should send you email confirmation you can print from that

on right side of ie8 look for >> click on it go to tools and then toolbars

HauxtonPhil 18:35 15 Oct 2009

>> on IE8 - there is nothing there. Just the title bar, absolutely nothing else.

Sea Urchin 18:48 15 Oct 2009

With IE8 open press your Alt key - this will display your Menu Bar. Then go to View menu and Toolbars, and select those you want.

birdface 19:53 15 Oct 2009

Make sure you have a padlock on your luggage if you are flying from or landing at luton.

Stuartli 19:54 15 Oct 2009

Try F11, which normally toggles between Full Screen and Toolbar/Notification area displays.

birdface 20:04 15 Oct 2009

I should have finished the story.Picked my Son In law up from Luton last night and when he picked his case up all his tobacco had been stolen.
Going with the forum my daughter was on today it looks like a regular occurrence.
I think it is Stanstead that puts shrink wrap around your case to stop that from happening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone