too many m4a to convert

frig1400 05:41 18 Mar 2009

I've recently copied a friend's external drive (about 70gigs) which was about 50/50 m4a and mp3 files. I would like to burn a few disks for my car, however, my cd player only reads mp3 files. Is there an easier solution to burn an mp3 disc without having to manually convert the files from m4a to mp3 first? That's a huge PITA given the amount of music. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW - I know itunes will do this, I just don't care to use that platform as I have nothing apple related. Thanks again for any input.

skidzy 07:30 18 Mar 2009

Switch will convert for you,i have not used this for some time now though i do think it may batch convert for you.
It is an excellent program and worth a look.click here

frig1400 13:38 18 Mar 2009

Thanks Skidzy, I already have a converter that works fairly efficiently. I guess what I'm looking for is a burner software that will convert m4a files to mp3 at the burn, without having to do the conversion first (due to the amount of files that need converting). Roxio/Sonic handle this similarly when converting mp3 to wav files. It does the conversion for you automatically before burning. Or so I assume.

daveeb 19:59 18 Mar 2009

I'd be tempted to suffer the hassle of conversion first then burn after. Doing the two processes together "on the fly" could well result in faulty burns and so cause you even more work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?