TomTom One Voice?

Bingalau 15:58 14 Jan 2007

I've recently purchased (Advanced Birthday Pressie) a TomTom One Europe. I tried it out last night for the first time and everything is fine except, I cannot figure out how to get the "voice" to operate. When I press "Test" nothing happens. I am inclined to think it's something I am missing in the instructions but just can't find it. ..Bingalau..

wobbler 16:13 14 Jan 2007

hVE YOU CHECKED THAT THE VOLUME IS HIGH AND THAT THE SOUND ISN'T MUTED, BOTH IN THE PREFERENCES SCREEN.

Bingalau 16:28 14 Jan 2007

wobbler. Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried that, just re-checked and the volume was on 70% I have now upped it to 100%. Does it come on as you drive automatically or is there some way of enabling it? ..Bingalau..

Newuser2 18:17 14 Jan 2007

I have a 300 so I'm not familiar with the one but have you enabled the voices in the preferences.
Try this forum click here

Hayrick 18:39 14 Jan 2007

Under preferences loudspeaker probably with a red cross tap to turn on sound

Bingalau 19:29 14 Jan 2007

Hayrick/Newuser2. Thanks again, no joy so far but will see what develops over the next few days. ..Bingalau..

Jonathan314159 20:51 14 Jan 2007

Check if the the voice is installed.

Sorry, have to be a bit vague here as I am working from memory. I bought the Tomtom One UK - and it worked fine.

When you hook it up to the computer there are a choice of voices but I dont think I changed any of this and presumably one is already selected as default. I went to Florida in December and put some US maps on a separate SD card. The TomTom worked brilliantly but, as I hadn't put any voices on the SD card, I didn't get any voice instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?