tomcat.exe ??

Furkin 09:32 12 Jul 2010

ACER T120 D.Top XPpro SP3 IE8

I don't think this is related but:

1/
When I went to boot up this a.m. it got as far as the Windows desktop,,,,, but the system was frozen. This harks back to a previous post that I did,,,,, but it hasn't happened for a while,,,, well,,, until today.
In this state I can only do Ctrl/Alt/Del. I was surprised to see that WinFax was up & running. I removed this from the start routine at my last quest on here.
This was all that was in the Task Manager at the time.
I deleted it & expected things to start running, but it didn't.

2/
I then did a ReStart and this time it started o.k but came up with the ZA warning saying that ZA wanted to "act as server" and a file tomcat.exe something or other.
I denied it access and googled it.

What confused me is that some people said it's possibly a virus,,,, or malware. Some said it's alright,,, some say to remove it anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/
WinFax now only resides in my Program list - not at start up. I did use WF yesterday. In fact I use it a couple of times per week. It has never returned to StartUp before, if indeed this is what happened. It wasn't there when the machine did finally boot normally. I was rather hoping that this was the cause of my previous problems with boot-up.

2/
I obviously have no idea what TomCat is. I havn't purposely downloaded anything that requires it, nor do I recall the name.

Any ideas please ?

Sparkly 09:40 12 Jul 2010

Hi Furkin
just did a quick search have a look at the results see if it helps,

click here

Furkin 09:58 12 Jul 2010

Thanks Sparkly,
I did a Google search earlier, & came across much the same thing.

I have now finished a search on my machine, & it looks like this file is part of a BMW 'WIS' that I'm trying to use for my Sons car. It has never popped up like this before,,,, made me a bit wary !

I'm assuming (!?) that all is well for the time being. I'll click this as Resolved, but if anyone has opinions of why it popped up today, or indeed if it needs further investigation, please feel free to add.

all the best

Sparkly 10:16 12 Jul 2010

Glad to be of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?