Tom Tom Go 910 Sat Nav

logrin 16:42 07 Nov 2006

I have ben asked to buy the above as a present (21st)
I have seen some reports in Google that say there is a problem in the software of this model and it freezes on start up and when downloading from the computer.
Has anyone got this model and can either recommend it or warn me off it. logrin

rsinbad 18:00 07 Nov 2006

Don't know about the 910 have the 500 no problems at all works fine.Perhaps someone that has the 910 can enlighten you

Aargh 18:46 07 Nov 2006

Tom Tom is like any small portable PC - prone to the odd glitch. The basic system is sound and as good as any on the market. I have used several different makes and they all have their faults, but the 910 is a very well equipped model. Shop around for best prices though!

If you want more opinions lokk at this web forum

click here

Confab 19:08 07 Nov 2006

I've got the 510 and yes they do tend to freeze when connected to a pc. There is a little switch under the TomTom which when pressed resets it. It's nothing to worry about.

Confab

anchor 13:39 08 Nov 2006

I have the TomTom 700, and as Confab said, it tends to freeze after being removed from the PC. However, it always gets back to normal after pressing the reset button.

TomTom have release various "upgrades" since the original release of the 910; some have caused minor problems, but have been resolved by users reverting to the previous version. (NB: ensure that you have a back-up!!!!).

The main problem that I have read about is the screen mount of the x10 series tending to droop. TomTom have been replacing these.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?