Told to remove spybot by Norton Internet Security.

Sparkly 11:36 27 Jan 2007

Hi all i have recently installed NIS 2006 and was told dureing the installation that i had Spybot on my system and it needed to be removed for NIS to run correctly,as i have allways used and liked Spybot is this true what NIS is telling me or would it be safe to reinstall Spybot again,or can you suggest an eqaul.
Cheers.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:46 27 Jan 2007

This has been posted about before. I think the consensus was that you should uninstall Spybot before installing NIS2006, then reinstall Spybot afterwards. When you are up and running after the installations the two will coexist quite happily.

Sparkly 12:16 27 Jan 2007

Thanks for that Mr Mistoffelees great help.

Migwell 12:47 27 Jan 2007

I would not install Norton, it seems to cause more problems than it saves as I have read between the lines on this forum.

With the advice from this forum over the years I would not let Norton any where near my computer.

Sparkly 13:11 27 Jan 2007

Hi Migwell thanks for your reply point duly noted but allready bought paid for and installed.

p;3 13:39 27 Jan 2007

I know you say you have bought , paid for and installed the norton; you may soon decide to remove it as many on here (self included) will not have norton anywhere near our machines; have you prior experience OF norton?

Sparkly 15:51 27 Jan 2007

Hi p;3 yes have used norton for some years now, addmittidly it can slow your pc down a little but hey, as it has not given me major probs im happy with it. (Just lucky maybe.)

Taff™ 15:58 27 Jan 2007

click here For Spybot`s take on the situation.

Sparkly 16:10 27 Jan 2007

Hi Taff™ makes interesting reading and rather heavy handed on the part of Norton seems to me they need arbitration, the david and goliath story comes to mind.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone