TODO File Descriptor

cozowl 07:03 01 Sep 2007

Following the recommended installation of NVIDIA GEForce 6100 nForce405 driver update on my Windows Vista Home Premium system I now get a pop up window telling me that the TODO File Descriptor> has ceased work and is being stopped. I cannot go back to a restore point as all previous ones were eliminated by the system driver update.
The pop up keeps coming back even after Alt F4 treatment. Can anyone help?
Cozowl

rawprawn 08:04 01 Sep 2007

Have you looked at Problem Reports & Solutions?
(Type Problems into search and it will come up)

rawprawn 08:06 01 Sep 2007

Start>All Programs>Maintenance>

cozowl 08:28 01 Sep 2007

Thanks rawprawn,
Tried both suggestions but neither works. Ugh!

rawprawn 09:06 01 Sep 2007

Have you tried a system file scan? (Start>Run> and Type sfc /scannow Then Hit Enter)

rawprawn 09:29 01 Sep 2007

Also have you tried uninstallng the driver in the Device Manager and rebooting to let Vista reinstall it.

cozowl 09:31 01 Sep 2007

Sorry, not quite sure how to do these things. Also my OS is in French so I'm haveing to translate what you tell me to do.

rawprawn 09:59 01 Sep 2007

Device Manager.
Go to Start>Right Click "Computer" select Properties> click on Device Manager in the left hand pane, click on Display Adapters and right click on your Nvidia G Force 6100 and select uninstall

rawprawn 10:00 01 Sep 2007

Sorry clicked post before I had finished.
To continue Reboot your computer

rawprawn 10:10 01 Sep 2007

Sorry in Vista you need to open the Dos Command Prompt.
In Start Search Type CMD, and open it using the right hand context menu "Run as Administrator"(It will be at the top) then At the prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter (Watch the space btween sfc and/
I hope you can do this I'm afraid my French isn't so good although we are in Nice next Friday for a week.

cozowl 11:03 01 Sep 2007

Thanks for your help. Haven't had time to try everything as I'm off on vacation this afternoon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?