TmTom advice please

rob3600 19:07 24 Jan 2009

Sorry I know this is not driectly computer related, however I am trying to connect my TomTom One 1st ed to my mobile via bluetooth,the mobile finds the device however when I enter the deafsult PIN 0000 it does not accept it, also does anyone know if you have to subscribe to TomTom plus to get traffic updates, as I have just purchased this on line for the TomTom site?

kindly 19:53 24 Jan 2009

Last first, you will get a months or up to three months free updates from tomtom via the internet on the update menu on the tom tom. After that you get some updates free but ones like road changes and speed camara places are all to pay for.
My tomtom had a diferent code to punch in when I connected mine to the phone. Check your paperwork that came with the unit to make sure it is not something other than 0000.
Try doing the search for your phone from the tomtom instead of the phone looking for it.
Hope this helps you.

rob3600 21:22 24 Jan 2009

Thanks kindly

managed to get it sorted I think will go for a drive tomorrow and see, did it manually as you say from the phone, as it was not a listed compatibly phone it was a bit drawn out but got there in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017