TMP files keep reappearing

monty34 22:35 26 Feb 2007

HI, I keep getting files called RBC3 RBC4 and RBC6 in my Recycle bin, when i delete them they dissapear, then the next time I Start my computer they reappear. Doing a properties check shows they are TMP files,and are shown with the microsoft word icon. I ran Bitdefender and it found no threats should I be worried?, has anyone else come across this? My os is Windows XP PRO , any help would be much appreciated.

lotvic 00:01 27 Feb 2007

does click here look familiar?
it was all I could find for RBC files click here
'Easy Resume Creator'
"Features for the most popular word processor formats. Easy Resume Creator Pro builds resumes in the Microsoft Word....etc"

monty34 10:43 27 Feb 2007

Thanks lotvic for your quick reply, although it still doesnt tell me a lot, there is very little info on the net about this, It could be something to do with Microsoft word, i dont have 'Easy Resume Creator' installed, il keep checking.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:42 27 Feb 2007

%programfiles%\spamblockerutility\bin\4.7.1.0\rbb7.tmp\
%programfiles%\spamblockerutility\bin\4.8.0.0\rba4.tmp\
%programfiles%\spamblockerutility\bin\4.8.0.0\rbc.tmp
click here

Hotbar spyware maybe? run you antispware programs

monty34 21:18 27 Feb 2007

Thanks 'Fruit Bat' I Downloaded prevx1 and ran it but it didnt find anything either. Because this happens when i start my computer i think il try disabling some programs that start automatically on startup and see if it still happens, il post back later.

monty34 22:37 27 Feb 2007

It must have something to do with "PC Guard" which I started using recently from NTL or Virgin Media as they now call themselves. Because I disabled it, and have had no more tmp files appearing in the recycle bin, only problem is il have to use windows firewall and an Antivirus from somewhere else, now.

albertwok 07:27 13 May 2007

Since uninstalling ntl netguard & installing
Virgin media PC guard. Every time I log on a
RBD TMP file 0kb keeps appearing in recycle bin.
It doesn`t seem to cause any other problem but
just annoying.
I note monty34 logged this problem back on
26/2/07 but other than dissable PC gaurd has anyone got other ideas.
Please try to keep them simple.
Thanks in anticipation albertwok..

QuickFox 13:08 27 Sep 2007

I have the exact same problem, and have never used PC Guard or the other AV pgms mentioned above. I recently switched to Verizon Fibre-Optics Service here in the States and use their AV Security Suite SW pgm, and Webroot's Spy Sweeper. Find nothing with SpyBot, Ad-aware, SpyWare Doctor' my Verizon Security Suite, Spy Sweeper scans- nothing shows this problem up. The files are 0 byte...does that make any sense? I have it on 3 computers....have to keep after this.
Quick Fox

QuickFox 13:16 27 Sep 2007

This problem came up in September 2006 as well...see RB3.temp? What is it??!! Helproom Forum. Wonder if they got to a solution.
Quick Fox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?