Tiscali takeover

thumbscrew 18:19 10 May 2009

I'm with Tiscali and yesterday they sent me an e-mail telling me they had been taken over by Talk Talk. However, today's Sunday Times says that Carphone Warehouse has bought them. Anyone know which is correct?

VoG II 18:25 10 May 2009

Both :o)

click here

john bunyan 18:31 10 May 2009

See here: click here

thumbscrew 18:43 10 May 2009

Thanks VoG and John...how are you both? One more query, Tiscali had no download limit, do you know if Talk Talk/Carphone etc has the same policy?

john bunyan 18:47 10 May 2009

Don't know, but as far as I am concerned, they have said they are taking over and have not yet suggested any changes. If they try to do so, they will risk losing customers. I think they cannot simply impose a change in conditions; we will have to wait and see............

VoG II 18:50 10 May 2009

I'm fine - thanks for asking, thumbscrew. Trust you're OK.

According to click here your service will be unchanged.

thumbscrew 18:52 10 May 2009

Thanks again both...very helpful.

Stuartli 19:37 10 May 2009
  thumbscrew 20:00 10 May 2009

Thanks Stuartli, PS anyone remember the band Talk Talk? Unique, melodic and brilliant...no one sounded like them.

Stuartli 00:24 11 May 2009

It seems to have been overlooked that when Carphone Warehouse took over AOL two or three years ago, it promised the company it would be allowed to maintain its autonomy.

As far as I'm aware that promise has been fully kept - in fact TalkTalk's home page piggybacks onto the AOL home page.

However, Charles Dunstone seemed to be implying the other day that Tiscali would be provided with the necessary investment and would be taken under the TT banner over the next couple of years or so.

It should be noticed that Tiscali has installed its LLU equipment in a large number of exchanges, just as with TalkTalk, so this will help CPW to build up the newcomer's impact/integration reasonably quickly.

Such exchanges can be checked out at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?