Tiscali Secure Mail Packages

spuds 11:31 16 May 2004

Tiscali have made available an additional service called Secure Mail, which can also incorporate Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Extra Storage space in the email account.Each section costs £5.99 per annum,but a whole combined special offer package will cost £9.99 p.a.

My question: Doe's anyone have this package, and what are your views. Doe's it solve the problem,and what is the set-up procedures.Should I keep my present Anti-Spam [K9]and Anti-Virus [AVG]programmes, and are there any known problems, should I retain and use my present Anti's in combination with Tiscali's versions.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:35 16 May 2004

Definite overkill x 100.

G

spuds 11:38 16 May 2004

Definate overkill x 100 ??

spuds 17:16 16 May 2004

Doe's anyone use Tiscali (;o(

Stuartli 17:45 16 May 2004

I've used Tiscali and, until it took it over, WorldOnline for around five years and feel it is a disgrace that Tiscali charges for this service.

As it is actually responsible for sending out infected e-mails (many Ticali subscribers suffer) it should provide such a service completely free of charge.

anniecat 20:40 16 May 2004

I paid for Tiscali's A/V as an addition to my PC's A/V in an effort to stop any virus' coming down the line in the first place. I didn't buy the spam filter

avg found a netsky in a zip file I had received via the (filterspam) spam folder, which I unwittingly unblocked this morning, because it looked legit. I have not had any "non attachment" email alerts from AVG since I bought tiscali's A/V. I usually delete absoloutely everything from unknowns, but I would be tempted to find out from them if it WOULD detect attachment and zipped virus' in mail. If it did detect it on this occassion I was not made aware of it by Tiscali. only AVG alerted me to it.

I think it's a bit rich for Tiscali to charge for their A/v and Spam filter when other ISPs give them to their customers, especially when there are so many GOOD free downloads around. I only bought it because they are my provider and I assumed as all my traffic comes via this connection it would clobber any nasties travelling along it.

Here's the email they sent me...

Dear customer,

We're happy to inform you that as of this moment, Tiscali Secure Mail has been activated for your mailbox as requested.

Your mail will be more secure and powerful thanks to:an Antivirus filter powered by Symantec technologies

Tiscali Secure Mail protects your mailbox whether you read your mail via a web browser or if you download your mail to a mail client.

You can configure Secure Mail by accessing your Tiscali Web Mail account, clicking on preferences and then "Secure Mail".

If you have any questions, click here to send us a query and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Many thanks for choosing Tiscali Secure Mail.

P.S. can you mail me spuds,I have an explanation regarding your post of this morning..T/Y

shellship 17:36 13 Feb 2005

It is a bit late for this thread but I too subscribed to Tiscali's Secure Mail at £9.99 per annum. Recently I have been receiving about 30 spams per day and I don't spend lots of time going anywhere naughty - other than PCA Forum of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?