Tiscali reliability

Newbolt 18:10 06 Sep 2005

Good Evening
I am running XP home edition with Tiscali Broadband as an ISP. The problem is that the connection is getting very erratic,either with the Tiscali supplied modem, or with a Linksys WAG54G wireless router. There is a row of green lights on the router for wlan, and dsl. However, the internet light goes from green to red with great regularity, especially late at night, with a consequent connection loss. The Tiscali website suggests that all is well, but as all appears operational except the internet light, can that be so? I've been with them for almost 12 months, so maybe an ISP change is in order, or are there any other suggestions? The router settings have been checked and are correct. The exchange is Winterbourne, just to the north of Bristol. Not sure if this is helproom, consumer watch, or network - maybe all three?

Totally-braindead 18:24 06 Sep 2005

I'm with Tiscali and have problems with their customer service, not replying to emails etc, but the connection has been very, very good and I can't say there has ever been a problem for me over the past year.

Newbolt 18:35 06 Sep 2005

I agree about the customer service. This connection problem is very recent - all has been reasonably reliable until recently.

Skills 19:52 06 Sep 2005

I with tiscali also only been with them for about 2months now. The connection is as a whole very good although I do get the connection dropped on me. Sometimes this happens a couple of times a night sometimes it doesn't. Whenever the connection does get dropped thou I am usually reconnected within a minute.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?