Tiscali Modem Failure

joethebow 23:27 27 Nov 2006

Both Power & ADSL lights are always lit on the Tiscali provided modem, even with the telephone cable disconnected. IT, Plug in just the USB cable and the ADSL light is instantly on. And it will not connect.

Tried a Speedtouch 330 Modem. The lights work properly but it will not connect to the PC. Open the Speedtouch connect box, put in the username & password and am told, "The modem is either not configured properly or is not connected.

Try to load the Tiscali disc from an ADMINISTRATOR account to be told, "This programme can only be loaded from an administrator account. Log off and log in as an administrator and restart the installation.

The whole thing's driving me round the bend.

The speedtouch modem isn't showing up in the Network Connections Window.

huzzar 17:20 28 Nov 2006

Mt first port of call would be to check the help files on the Tiscali web site.

bluto1 23:13 28 Nov 2006

I had similar problem and maybe it was because I was still in my first 12 months when I contacted Tiscali they arranged to send me a new modem, a Speedtouch 330.I followed the installation instructions very carefully, and that`s important, and I`ve not had any problems since.

Assuming it`s an older (than 12 months) modem, I`d suggest uninstalling your B/B and re installing it. Do you still have the installation disc?

bluto1 23:14 28 Nov 2006

I had similar problem and maybe it was because I was still in my first 12 months when I contacted Tiscali they arranged to send me a new modem, a Speedtouch 330.I followed the installation instructions very carefully, and that`s important, and I`ve not had any problems since.

Assuming it`s an older (than 12 months) modem, I`d suggest uninstalling your B/B and re installing it. Do you still have the installation disc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017