Tiscali help Pleaseee

Bike-it 21:52 21 Nov 2007

I know that a guy from Tiscali frequently answers questions on here,
so i am asking him or indeed any one who can help me, i am using Tiscali max (8mb) at the moment but i an getting very very slow speeds, in fact slower that the 2mb that i used to use,
well i need to record three speed tests one in the morning one in the afternoon and one in the evening using the thinkbroadband web site, but how do i save the results so i can post them on the Tiscali forum.
keep any answers simple please.

bluto1 22:09 21 Nov 2007

I sympathise with you. I was on up to 8Megs with Tiscali before I chucked the towel in after getting a succession of less than dial up speeds from them. Presumably you can measure you speed with 'think broadband', I'd suggest keeping a written record for the time being.

Stuartli 22:15 21 Nov 2007

As bluto1 suggests, use:

click here

to keep a record and relay your results to others about Tiscali.

Quiller. 22:21 21 Nov 2007

Use the tiscali test from click here. You will get a reference number in which you can refer to your speed.

FatboySlim71 22:31 21 Nov 2007

It may be worth asking your question on the thinkbroadband forum. I would have thought it would be possible to do what you want.

click here

Also there is another speedtest site click here

There is a button at the top of the page called MY RESULTS, when you click on this you will be taken to a page that will show you your results and with your results there is a WEB address link which you can copy and paste.

Also, the one I find most accurate of the speedtesters is the one from BT click here

With this one, you can simply just copy and paste the results from the page.

harps1h 22:41 21 Nov 2007

I had the same problem earlier in the year and after a techie from calcutta talked to me after 2 months, it turns out it is a simple case of over subscription. the speeds i was getting ranged from 0.10 to 0.5mb/sec and i live 30 seconds from the exchange. there is a simple solution get a different provider. i did and got 7 to 7.5 mb within 20 secs of changing my account details on my router.

it just proved what i had been telling tiscali for 2 months it was their fault, not mine! as they always told me it was my computer/network setup.

Bike-it 22:46 21 Nov 2007

Im confused now, just ran the speed check both sites on the Tiscali site gives me this reading
Your current bandwidth reading is:
6.10 Mbps
which means you can download at 781.35 KB/sec. from our servers.

The thinkbroadband speed test give me this reading

21/11/07 22:33:49
Speed Down 249.44 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )
Speed Up 378.11 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )
Port 8095
Server speedtest1.adslguide.org.uk

can this be right?

johnnyrocker 23:22 21 Nov 2007

what area are you in as you may be on a different type platform?

johnny.

FatboySlim71 23:26 21 Nov 2007

The BT speed tester is the most accurate of the speedtesters, use that!

click here

beeuuem 00:12 22 Nov 2007

When you complete the Thinkbroadband test you can save the link from below the results and post that. Or just copy and paste the results.

Bike-it 01:18 22 Nov 2007

As for the area, i am in northern Ireland in a town called Newry. tried the BT speedtester but it is looking for a login name, where do i get this info from?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?